Mar 8, 2009

Of Interpretation

My first real design gig officially is in the works: A local cafe owner is putting on a dance show with some of my friends. Volunteer flyer design has apparently paid off, because i'll get a cut of the proceeds. Below is the first interpretation of:

"The title is still in the works. Something to the effect of "Perfect, Perfect." Its a spin off the classic fairytale princess. When no one's wathcing she's not so perfect-the clumsy Lucille Balle type. In the end of course, she finds a middle ground. We have a nice duet finale with the "the prince." Anna and I are playing the dual roles of the "princess"- the prim and perfect one vs the silly clumsy one. Its comedic and dramatic- with alot of pantomime. Like a 1920's silent movie with quirky french music. The color scheme is black, white, and red. And roses! (an allusion to almost every princess story)". And so I created the first example.

After some feedback: "Originally, I was thinking something kind of quirky and mod but I want to use this as well. Pin Photography is going to do a photo shoot with us this coming week; those will be available for promo in about two weeks." I created the second example, which is the final choice.

Which do you think is better?







No comments: